First Meeting (November 26, 2014, at Otemachi)
Presentations were given by developers on the current situation
and future plans for developing business centers in Tokyo.
Second Meeting (February 10, 2015, at Nihombashi)
Participants from audit firms talked about proposals for the
financial center, and a Ministry of Justice official explained the initiative
to promote the acceptance of highly skilled financial professionals.
Third Meeting (March 25, 2015, at Kayabacho)
Past and scheduled events and conferences to accelerate business exchanges
were introduced to the participants, and a TMG official delivered a presentation
on a program at Tokyo Metropolitan University Business School aimed at
cultivating highly skilled financial specialists.
Fourth Meeting (July 30, 2015, at Otemachi)
A report on the second meeting of the Tokyo Global Financial Center Promotion
Council, held on June 29, was presented by the TMG.
Some of the initiatives and movements for realizing the Tokyo Global Financial Center were shared at the meeting.
- The Financial Services Agency gave a presentation on “Growth Strategy in the Financial Field.”
- The TMG, Mitsubishi Estate and Heiwa Real Estate gave presentations on projects to develop Tokyo’s financial street.
- The TMG introduced the Tokyo One-Stop Business Establishment Center,
which helps foreign companies in promptly
completing various filing procedures required when starting a business.
Fifth Meeting (March 28, 2016, at Otemachi)
The main topic was about “Fintech” which currently attracts attention globally.
The meeting was held at “FINOLAB” which was opened this February as Japan’s
fintech incubation space.
The contents of the meeting are as follows;
- Opening speech was given by Mr. T. Umemura, Senior Director for Planning , Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
- The explanation about “Fintech” was given by Mr. T. Taki, Director of
Board, Money Forward, Inc.
- FSA’s initiatives to vitalize “Fintech” were explained by Mr. J. Kanda,
Director, Financial Services Agency.
- Panel discussion was conducted. Its theme was “FINOLAB’s initiatives”
focusing on the meaning of real place and
supporting function for Fintech startups.
Mr. T. Taki, Director of Board, Money Forward, Inc.
Mr. K. Ota, Deputy General Manager, Mitsubishi Estate Co., Ltd.
Mr. T. Hoshikawa, Founder & CEO, Crowd Cast, Ltd.
Ms. C. Ito, Manager, Information Services International-Dentsu, Ltd.
Mr. T. Hasumura, Planning Manager, Dentsu Inc
Sixth Meeting (May 30,
2016, at Kayabacho)
The main topic was
about “Fintech” as same as the previous meeting. Especially “Invest Management
Fintech” was focused on this time. The meeting was held at “FinGATE” which
opened this March as Japan’s Fintech incubation space.
The contents of the
meeting were as follows;
- FSA’s recent initiatives regarding “Fintech” were explained by Mr. H.
Kume, Deputy Director, Financial Services Agency.
- The presentation about “Initiatives to support invest management venture
companies” was given by Mr. E. Takahashi,
Manager, Heiwa Real Estate Co.,Ltd.
- The presentation about “Introduction of invest management Business” was
given by Mr. H. Fujino, President and
Representative Director, Rheos Capital Works Incorporated
- The presentation about “Invest management business’s vision brought by
Fintech” was given by Mr. K. Shibayama,
Founder&CEO, WealthNavi Inc.
- Panel discussion was conducted. The theme was “Functions necessary for
supporting invest management business”
focusing on how to deepen exchanges between “Fin” and “Tech”.