The Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG) hosted the "Sustainable Recovery Tokyo Forum" (Re StaRT), where Governor Koike Yuriko joined with the Mayors of Paris, Los Angeles, Brisbane, and Dakar, and the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Singapore to Japan. TMG has been working to implement a "Sustainable Recovery" that contributes to the world's efforts against climate change and to achieving an economic revival from the COVID-19 pandemic, in which people can enjoy a vibrant, sustainable way of living. For this reason, the Sustainable Recovery Tokyo Forum (Re StaRT) was an opportunity for TMG to promote sustainable recovery as a goal for the world. At the conference, participants exchanged views on environment and culture and adopted a joint declaration as a result of these discussions.
Sustainable Recovery Tokyo Forum（Abbreviated as：Re StaRT）
Date and Time
Saturday, August 7, 2021, from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm (Japan Standard Time)
TMG Building No. 1 (on-site conference room)
This was a hybrid event hosted at the venue and online.
1) Opening Greeting by Governor KOIKE
2) Presentations by the Speakers
3) Adoption of the Joint Declaration on "Sustainable Recovery"
Forum Participants (titles omitted)
- "Tokyo Declaration on Sustainable Recovery"（PDF ：295KB）
- Governor Koike's main remarks at the forum（PDF ：522.9KB）
- The cities endorsing Tokyo Declaration（PDF ：370KB）
- Leaflet（PDF ：906.3KB）
- Report of forum（PDF ：1.9MB）